Visa Home > Visa

Any foreign visitors wishing to enter the People`s Republic of China must have a valid passport and obtain a China visa before the visitation. An official letter of invitation will be sent to any registrant upon request. However, this invitation implies no obligation for visa. If you need a letter of invitation for participating in the IPEM 2016 - ECCE Asia, please email to the Secretariat at

Generally, before submission of visa application you shall prepare the basic documents such as Passport, Visa Application Form, and Photos, as well as some supporting documents.

Taking the F visa (Issued to those who intend to go to China for exchanges, visits, study tours and other activities.) for example:

To apply for the F visa, the applicant shall submit the invitation letter as supporting documents provided by the inviting party in China. In some countries, the consular officer may require applicant to provide the confirmation letter of invitation for applying F visa, then you need to send your

(a) photocopy of your passport including cover page, information page and signature page 

(b) personal resume

(c) time schedule of visit

to the Secretariat at It is generally taking 1-2 weeks to apply the confirmation letter of invitation from local government by conference committee. Subsequently the scanned copy of the confirmation letter of invitation and the original one will be sent to you depending on your requirements.

There are some other special reminders for all applicants:

  • The invitation letter may be in the form of fax, photocopy or computer printout, but the consular officer may require the applicant to submit the original of the invitation letter.
  • If necessary, the consular officer may require the applicant to provide other proof documents or supplementary materials, or require an interview with the applicant.
  • The consular officer will decide on whether or not to issue the visa and on its validity, duration of stay and number of entries in light of specific conditions of the applicant.
  • For further details, please visit the web-site of the relevant Chinese Embassy or Consulate General.

More information about visa entries for foreigners, please click: